Delicious guided food tour of the neighborhood surrounding les Halles in Paris
La Route des Gourmets proposes an insider’s culinary tour of Paris through one of the city’s central and most notable districts, the neighborhood of the ancient marketplace, les Halles, or as it was often called, “the Belly of Paris”.
During a visit to the rue Montorgueil and its immediate surroundings, your guide, specialized in food and French culture, will help you discover the rich history of this neighborhood, which prior to the construction of Rungis is 1969 was the main food distribution site for all of Paris.
During this guided food tour in Les Halles, you will discover renowned restaurants like L’Escargot Montorgueil, as well as traditional food shops, including, butchers, fish mongers, green grocers, bakers and pastry makers, like the famous Stohrer. For some of the older merchants, their rich history stretches back several centuries making them fundamental aspects of France’s culinary tradition.
To conclude this gourmet walking tour in Paris, and if time and weather permit, we will share a picnic to sample typical French products. If weather does not allow for a picnic, tastings will be held throughout the day at our partners’ various shops.
Highlights of this culinary walking tour through the neighborhood of Les Halles in Paris
- An original way to discover the rich culture of this decadent neighborhood
- Your guide, an expert in French Food & Culture
- Personalization to fit your interests and preferences
- This visit can be paired with a visit to Rungis Market in order to better understand food distribution in Paris throughout the years
On this Walking Food Tour of Paris
- Exchange with your guide, an expert in French food and gastronomy
- Enjoy detailed descriptions about this Parisian neighborhood
- Meet merchants and artisan producers
- Taste sweet and salty treats as well as beverages synonymous with French gastronomy
- Schedule: Thursday 10:00am- 12:30pm
- Duration: 2h30
- Languages available: French, English, Spanish (other languages upon request)
- Meeting Point: 16 Rue des Petits Carreaux, 75002 Paris ( Metro station Sentier)
- Group Rates (>15 pers) and private tours : upon request firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Purchase as a gift: Offer this tour as a gift by choosing the option, “Purchase without date”. We will send you a gift certificate by email. The gift is valid for a period of 6 months from the date of purchase and is not refundable.
- Cancellation: Orders are considered confirmed upon reception of payment. For orders with date: all cancellations made more than 3 weeks prior to the reservation date will be fully refund, half of the payment will be reimbursed for cancellations within 2 weeks of the reservation date and no refund will be possible for cancellations less than one week before the date of the reservation
- Minimum number of guests: we may postpone or cancel your booking if the minimum of 2 visitors is not reached. If you are not available at any other date, we proceed to refund.