Guided walking tour of Food in St-Germain-des-Près
La Route des Gourmets brings you into the heart of Paris on a delicious 2 ½ hour walking tour of Saint-Germain-des-Prés. This food tour will delight all of your senses! A blend of tradition and trend, this guided tour of Saint-Germain-des-Prés will speak to anyone with a passion for Paris and food.
Let yourself be taken away during our tastings and discover the splendor of the rich cultural, historic and gastronomic heritage of France. You will meet passionate artists, such as the adventurous chocolate-makers on a quest to find the world’s finest cacao beans, butchers who advocate for the quality of their product, and wine-sellers captivated by the tradition of terroir. Beat the Parisian pavement, just as Guillaume Apollinaire, Jean-Paul Sartre and Simone de Beauvoir did in days past. The neighborhood, Saint Germain de Prés, remains the meeting place of philosophers, authors and musicians, keeping alive a certain intellectual ambiance.
During this guided food tour of Saint-Germain-des-Prés, access some of the most renowned establishments in the neighborhood, as well as little known gems we’ve discovered. See the monuments and listen to the anecdotes that tell the story of the neighborhood. Between the butchers, sausage shops, bistros, wine-sellers, pastry and chocolate makers, your palette will be pampered and your belly satisfied.
Give in to this extraordinary culinary experience, you will not soon forget this passage through the heart of Saint-Germain-des-Prés in Paris.
Highlights of this unique Parisian experience:
- A unique way of not only discovering Paris but digging into local culture
- A guide specialized in food culture to present the neighborhood along with culinary secrets
- Personalization to fit your interests and preferences
On this Walking Food Tour of Paris:
- Exchange with your guide, an expert in French food and gastronomy
- Enjoy detailed descriptions about this Parisian neighborhood
- Meet 7 merchants and artisan producers
- Taste sweet and salty treats at each shops
- Duration: 2h30
- Visit in english: every Tuesday and Thursday 2pm- 4:30pm
- Visit in French: the wednesdays, check the availabilities on the calendar
- Languages available: French, English, Spanish (other languages upon request)
- Meeting point: in front of the shop "Georges Larnicol" 132 Boulevard Saint-Germain, 75006 PARIS (Metro stop Odéon, line 4 or 10)
- Minimum number participants: we may postpone or cancel this visit if a minimum of 2 participants is not reached. If you are not available at any other date, we will proceed to refund.
- Group Rates (>15 pers) and private tours : on request at email@example.com.
You can offer this tour as a gift by choosing the option "Purchase without date". The gift voucher is valid for one year from its date of purchase. It is not nominative and not refundable. You will receive it by email in a PDF file once your order is confirmed. The owner of the gift voucher will be able to book his/her visit amoung the dates available on our website.