Full Day Farm to Table Food Tour from Paris to the Parisian countryside to visit rural farms, meet French producers and taste local products
Did you know there are still many farms around Paris where you can collect your own eggs or onions and cut your lettuce? Many of the best chefs in Paris, such as Yannick Alléno, stock their restaurants at theses farms featured on our tour. Whether you are a food and farmers market fan, or just simply trying to get out of the city, this relaxing food tour near Paris is made for you !
On this private tour led by a French Food Expert, your guide will drive you to the Val d'Oise, 1 hour northeast of Paris.
This region has kept rural traditions alive in a scenic natural environment. You will visit the Regional Park of Vexin Français, a vast limestone plateau overloooking two rivers and villages that retain their agricultural vocation thanks to traditions and ideal climatic factors.
This preserved piece of nature near Paris offers the perfect environment for producers who want to cultivate gourmet local produce. Carole Metayer will take you to at least 4 farms producing mushrooms, goat cheeses, heirloom vegetables, honey, spices or vineyards. If you can cook in Paris, we'll visit farms where you can pick your own fresh fruit and vegetables.
At lunch time, we can recommend a number of restaurants that promote local products.
Highlights of this culinary tour
- Exclusive Farm to Table Tour, to discover authentic food, culinary heritage and traditions in France
- All-inclusive full day trip, organized entirely by one team
- Private tour behind the scenes with a bilingual guide and custom activities to meet your leisure, pedagogical or professional expectations
- Opportunities to local products, straight from the producers
The price of this gourmet tour includes
- Round-trip transportation Paris/Val d’Oise with a bilingual driver guide, pick up and drop-off at your hotel/accommodation inside Paris, within Paris
- Guided tour and all day assistance from a French food expert guide
- Local food tastings of French terroir products
- Souvenir program book
- This price does not include lunch
- Duration: Full day, from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm approximately
- Availability: from Monday to Friday, from April to October
- Meeting point: pick up and return at your hotel or accomodation in Paris
- Minimum number of guests: 4 (small groups are welcome but will be charged a minimum flat rate equal to the price of 4 guests).
- Gourmet activity suitable for: families, individuals or groups, student or company outings
- Location: You will be able to choose a location once your order has been placed
- Languages available: French, English, spanish and Korean (please contact us for other languages)
- Group rates: upon request for groups of 10 or more
- Optional: this tour is a perfect complement to the " Local Homemade Dinner in Paris"
- Purchase as a gift: Offer this tour as a gift by choosing the option, “Purchase without date”. We will send you a gift certificate via email or post to addresses within France (additional 5€ change). The gift is valid for a period of 6 months from the date of purchase.
- Cancellation: Orders are considered confirmed upon reception of payment. All cancellations made more than 3 weeks prior to the reservation will be fully reimbursed, half of the payment will be reimbursed for cancellations within 2 weeks of the reservation date and no reimbursement will be possible for cancellations less than one week before the date of the class.