Day Tour from Paris to the impressionist’ villages of Giverny and Auvers sur Oise, combined with a gourmet food tour on the theme of the 19th century French cuisine and culinary traditions
Our French culinary tourism agency La Route des Gourmets, expert in Food and Wine Wine tours in France, has created this unique and unusual private tour that combines two themes: the impressionist painters and their culinary traditions.
With a French food expert as your guide, enjoy the landscape and villages that inspired the greatest Impressionists like Cezanne, Gauguin and Renoir, discover the Church in Auvers sur Oise painted by Van Gogh, and learn everything about French cuisine at the time!
Leaving from Paris, this tour starts on the banks of the Seine, near the famous city painted by Claude Monet, where parisians often came to picnic.
Your guide will then take you to Auvers sur Oise to visit the Absinthe Museum, a spirit widely consumed during the 19th century, to the Van Gogh Museum, the Church and then to the famous Auberge Ravoux where Van Gogh die.
At this inn and restaurant, your guide will explain what 19th century French cuisine entailed. You will have the option to have lunch, choosing a traditional price-fixed menu or more sophisticated cuisine à la carte.
In the afternoon, the flowery village of Giverny will surprise you with its beautiful streets and the enduring presence of the impressionist painters in the windows of contemporary galleries. You should particularly enjoy the guided tour of Monet's House, famous for its gardens, ponds and the water lilies that inspired the paintings Les Nymphéas.
Monet’s house also includes a wonderful kitchen, which attests to Claude Monet’s second passion, gastronomy! You will have the opportunity to open his recipes books and discover the specialties of that time, such as pain perdu or poultry supreme.
Highlights of this gourmet activity
- Unique combination of a private day trip to the impressionist villages and a gourmet food tour on the 19th century French cuisine to fully appreciate French culinary and cultural history.
- All-inclusive full day trip, organized entirely by one team
- Exclusive private tour with a bilingual guide and custom activities to meet your expectations
The price of this food tour includes
- Round-trip transportation Paris/Giverny/Auvers sur Oise with a bilingual driver guide, pick-up and rdropp-off at your hotel/accommodation within Paris
- Guided walking tours of several villages
- Museum entrance
- Your guide, a French food expert
- This price does not include lunch
- Duration: Full day, from 8:30am to 6:00pm approximately
- Availability: from Monday to Friday, from April to November
- Optional: reservation for a lunch in a traditional restaurant serving 19th century cuisine
- Meeting point: pick up and return at your hotel or accomodation in Paris
- Minimum number of guests: 4 (small groups are welcome but will be charged a minimum flat rate equal to the price of 4 guests).
- Gourmet activity suitable for: families, individuals or groups, student or company outings
- Languages available: French, English, spanish and Korean (please contact us for other languages)
- Group rates: upon request for groups of 10 or more
- Purchase as a gift: Offer this tour as a gift by choosing the option, “Purchase without date”. We will send you a gift certificate via email or post to addresses within France (additional 5€ change). The gift is valid for a period of 6 months from the date of purchase.
- Cancellation: Orders are considered confirmed upon reception of payment. All cancellations made more than 3 weeks prior to the reservation will be fully reimbursed, half of the payment will be reimbursed for cancellations within 2 weeks of the reservation date and no reimbursement will be possible for cancellations less than one week before the date of the class.