Private Day Trips to visit the Castles of the Loire River Valley departing from Paris
Discover the unforgettable sites of the Loire River Valley, classified as a cultural landscape among UNESCO’s world heritage sites.
The journey begins with a guided tour of one of the most famous castles on the Loire River, you choose to visit one of the following, the Château de Chenonceau, the Royal Château d’Amboise or the Château de Chambord. The day continues in the neighboring villages where the sweet pleasures of country-life will transport you. As is the case in the town of Amboise where the Clos Lucé marks the final resting place of Léonard de Vinci.
Enjoy the adventure of discovering the wines of the Touraine region, sparkling or still, dry, semi-dry or sweet, there is a treat for every palate. Most notably in the region of Vouvray where you will visit a vineyard and wine-cellar to taste various blends of their renowned selection, certified AOC. Wine lovers and experts alike, seize the opportunity to discover the wine missing from your collection!
Throughout the day, you will be accompanied by a personal tour guide knowledgeable of all the local addressees where you can find regional products from all corners of Touraine: cheese from Sainte Maure de Touraine, charcuterie from Hardouin (rillons, rillauds), nougat from Tours and the dried pears of Rivarennes.
The advantages of our excursion to the heart of the Loire River Valley
- A comprehensive cultural excursion to discover the history, wine and cuisine of this region in France.
- Guided by Carole Metayer, expert in food and culture
- Exceptional service: our guides are highly flexible and able to adapt their discourse to suit French as well as international guests, tourists and professionals. We ensure that you are fully taken care of, from your pick-up in Paris until your safe return in the evening.
- Custom tours: upon request, wine tastings can be modified to better accommodate you and your party.
This tour includes
- Roundtrip transportation by bus or car with your tour guide/chauffeur, departure from any prefixed location in central Paris (intramuros).
- Guided castle tour, Château de Chambord, the Château de Chenonceau, or the Château d’Amboise.
- Vineyard and Cellar visit in the Touraine region
- Tastings, wine from the Touraine region and local products from the Loire Valley
- The price of the excursion does not include lunch, however we can recommend some of the best addresses in the area for an exceptional meal
- Duration: One day, from approximately 7:30am to 8:00pm
- Availability: Monday through Friday year-round (please contact us for further information about weekend visits, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Minimum number of guests: 4 (smaller groups are welcome but will be charged the minimum excursion rate equal to the price of 4 guests)
- Public: Tour adapted for individuals, families, seniors and groups.
- Language: French, English, Spanish (please contact for other languages)
- Departure Location: determined during the reservation process, within central Paris (intramuros).
- Group Rates: Upon request for groups of 20 or more. Contact us at email@example.com
- Purchase as a gift: Offer this class as a gift by choosing the option, “Purchase without date”. We will send you a gift certificate via email. The gift is valid for a period of 6 months from the date of purchase and is not refundable.
- Cancellation: Orders are considered confirmed upon reception of payment. All cancellations made more than 3 weeks prior to the reservation will be fully reimbursed, half of the payment will be reimbursed for cancellations within 2 weeks of the reservation date and no reimbursement will be possible for cancellations less than one week before the date of the class.